Industry Standard Computers
St. Clairsville, Ohio
30 Years In Business - 30 Years Experience with Computers - 25 Years with Networks & Security
The oldest system builder in the area, maybe in the state!
Best Labor Rate in the Area, $25 Shop, $40 Outside
ISC's Firewall Content Filtering Server:
Here is the deal:
We install a Linux "Firewall content Filtering Server" in between your present system and your Internet connection.
Our product is FREE on the bottom line...
The gain in employee productivity pays for our "Firewall content Filtering Server." And we have not discussed other money savings... prevention of spyware, porn, viruses, hackers, and other evils from the Internet.
- If you get 200 SPAM's a day in company email accounts. (more)
- If you can restrict 2 employees down to doing only "company approved" web surfing.
- If you have had any network aware spyware or virus infections.
- If you have one single employee who does "porn." (If one little old lady sees him you lose thousands of $$$ before the day is over in future business.)
How we got to here:
In January of 2004, we finally came to the conclusion after years of trying that, "It is impossible to protect Windows networks with windows based products." Some give you a false sense of security, but in fact offer only minor protection especially against the ever growing spyware /adware industry. Our spyware block blacklist in Feb. of 2004 was 600 web sites. Our advertisers list was 43,000. Today the advertising is down to 21,000 and the spyware list is up to 100,000. The porn blacklist has doubled. Spyware, malware, scumware or scamware is very close in number to current viruses. With Windows Vista you can expect even more. Microsoft allows spyware to exist and has plans to keep allowing it.
ISC's Firewall content Filtering Server is an 'All in one package' that does or acts like the following:
- Protection for your Windows network like you have never had before
- Does not require any special software installed on Windows workstations
- Adware, spyware and phishing blocks (over 300,000)
- Firewall (almost military level)
- Porn or Adult web site blocker (block out evil by blacklist and "sex" wording) (over 650,000 sites) (K-12 option too.)
- Pop-up blocker (no more need for Windows installed programs and toolbars that general block good and bad pop-ups.)
- Advertisement blocker or maybe we should say, "Future and present spyware vendors."
- 4 options for EMAIL blocking / scanning:
Our standard Email delivery setup renders the newest viruses inoperable long before fixes are available from virus programs.
- Virus scanning before it reaches your Windows network or computers.
- Various email attachments can be regarded as safe or removed automatically.
- SPAM tagging (tests so far have a 90-95% effectively; plus what our system labels as SPAM can be deleted without ever viewing them. Less than .01% false positives. More...)
- Dangerous html tags in email messages are scrambled making them safe for viewing.
- HTML coding used by spammers to keep you on the list or used to know more about you, is stripped.
- All in house Internet activities are logged. Massive Internet abuse by employees goes away once they realize they can easily be caught.
- 30 other categories like "sports, news, gambling, warez, virus infected" also for further protection from the Internet or to cut down on wasted company resources.
- Small Proxy Server for "company approved surfing only."
- Configurable web site blocker (block for example: ebay.com or hotmail.com or aol.com)
- Caching proxy server (Squid; various employees go to the same web site, faster access)
- In house web server for "groupware" programs or shared content server
- Secure Windows networked shared drive(s) and home directories (Emulate Windows Server 2000 or 2003)
- Secondary backup of present server or personal documents.
- Apache web server option. The best; ask any ISP. (static IP internet only)
- Email Server option.
- 99.9% of all server management can be handled through a web browser.
- 2 levels of internet surfing
- Whitelist. (Only company approved web sites)
- Filtered but otherwise full Internet access
- DHCP server
- Remote system monitoring. (With 99% of all other firewalls, you never know if you are hacked.)
- Monitoring by ISC:
- Resource monitoring
- ISP bandwidth monitoring
- Security audits
- Login audits
- Hacker attacks
- Network bandwidth
- External attacks
- Possible Internet abuses by employees
- Determine possible spyware or virus infections on in house computers
- Managed Firewall
- You can not buy better insurance for your system!
- Email Server
- Web Server
- Kiosk system option. (A kiosk cyber cafe system.) (Public Libraries click here.)
- "Do Not Call Lists" option. (Type in phone number, system tells you if you should call or not.)
Add a second layer of spyware & virus protection to Windows computers.
Content filtering and blocking of Internet garbage. (approx. 67 categories to block from sports to adult only.)
(spyware, phishing, warez, virus infected, p0rn, beer & liquor, nudity, are the standard used by everyone.)
Ability to have better "shared" resources for your business.
Large amounts of Advertising is blocked by nature.
Give your Windows network or business an extremely good firewall from the outside world better than most typical hardware firewalls and less disruptive than most software ones.
Protect your Windows 2003 or 2008 server from attacks before reaching them, which is usually too late.
Get your employees out of the "I need to check email" syndrome created by "always having email" due to SPAM.
Give employees an extra safety net or computers when virus programs are not always up to date or you have employees with the "click to see what it is" syndrome on email attachments.
Keep your employees from wasting 15 minutes or more a day dealing with SPAM email.
Additional Backup for your business. Or emergency backup server for you current Windows server or its replacement later.
Virus scanning for Novell Groupwise systems.
(We ran a completely open Windows XP Home to surf the net behind our "Firewall content Filtering Servers" no virus protection, no Windows updates and SP 0 level. We even enabled file sharing and remote desktop will no passwords. It never was infected with any spyware or a virus. If the computer was placed before our Firewall content Filtering Server the XP would last about 15 minutes before infection and death within 112 minutes according to Symantec.)
We have had 3 instances of Spyware getting through our "Firewall content Filtering Servers" in over 5.5 years!!! (2 because the local virus program was not active to stop the download trojans that brought in the spywares.) No virus infection that required a visit from us to fix. We haven't seen a quarantined file in years on any workstation or server computer. A few people have downloaded games that contained adware imbedded in game. Nothing can protect you from "people who know everything about everything." (Every business before the installation our "Firewall content Filtering Server" was plagued by spywares and viruses on a regular basis. Not any more!)
Hey we are honest here are the side effects of having such great protection... more.
Now for the upfront cost before you start saving money. Click here.
License Agreement for ISCnetwork.com's Firewall content Filtering Server
All pages on this website written by employees of ISC, © Copyright 1999-2015 by Butch Walker, all rights reserved.
Do not copy or use in any way without written permission from Butch Walker.
HOME . CONTACT US . PRICE LISTS . Are you in good shape? Take the tests: How Safe Are You? . Network . Backups